Sign in to follow this  
Oni

My Collective Thoughts On....

This is a continuation upon my previous thread...

7) Repair Items

A) Got another Idea here, Repair items... Going out on a hunt, and only have 1 item thats worth bringing, and unfortunately, it isn't a dk item? no Sweat, just use the repair hammer to repair it to full durability.

B) This idea would be great for anyone who's level 179-, I know from past expiriences, I always hated to go on long hunts, only to return to town mid battle because one of my weapons broke, that shit always pissed me off. This wouldn't throw off any balances as far as I know, and it would make leveling less stressful (nothing is lamer then hacking away at a ogre, then CA-CHUNK, OH NOES MY AXE BROKE ...zzzz)

C) So, I think this would be a nice implementation that wouldn't ruin an balances, the hammers could be similar to scroll (in the effect of waiting 10 seconds after damage to use) so you can't repair something mid pvp because it's durability is low from a hammer. It wouldn't need to repair full durability or a set amount or something.

D) If someone makes the suggestion of "carry more weapons with you" I'll tell you to blow me, because I carry 5 weapons on me when I go to level, and that isn't enough to get me more then 7 levels.

8) Partying with the other town.

A) A lot of you are probably going to look at this one and say "why the f**k would we want to do this?"

Simple, have you ever tried abby hunting with only your town, it isn't easy by any means, but if we are able to join forces and put aside our differences, both towns can benefit from it.

B) On a side note, this is probably too complex for a server to work with, the amount of issues that could arise from this would probably be astronomical (party bugged with other towns could be pretty weird).

9) put in a command to lock your level

A) A lot of people will miss the point of this, and the reason it would be handy is for anyone who is a PL/Barracks/ND raider, and on a server with such high exp rates (it really isn't that high, but at level 40, 1 monster = 1 level) so you can see why this would be handy.

B) And from experience, I had a level 79 mage, and when we won the crusade last week, I got 4 levels from just logging in, when I was hoping to use her for ND raiding.

10) Add more mid level pits

A) I know there is always options for mid leveling (100-160 is generally the toughest times for leveling) and putting in more pits for mid levels would help them launch passed said gap.

B) I've been leveling on cyclops in a remote spot in d2 for the last week, and it's slowing down, but it works well, more pits, with different monsters would be helpful.

C) Trolls, Giant Plants, Helhounds, Tentacles, Giant frogs, and vicerudophs are all general ideas of monsters that would make great pits (levels 100-140) and from there you can do cyclops and other random mobs of that caliber if you're up to it.

D) DO NOT PUT THESE SPAWNS IN PL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THE LAST THING WE NEED ARE MORE NEWBIES GETTING HOSED BY ZERK WAND USING LV 139 BLIZZ SORCS. lol seriously though, don't do it.

9) Reduce or Remove the "town ban" from crusades.

A) Yes, I'm aware this does prevent from a limitless amount of players spawning and attacking your bases etc.

B) but also, when you die in their town, you get stuck in jail for 180 seconds, and then upon recalling, you're locked in Aresden for an extra 300 seconds, and that is just retarded.

C) Another Issue that I noticed was, that if your own town killed you, the timer for "town lock" was reset back to 300, this is most likely a bug or something...

10) Make statted Items better

A) The issue with this isn't improving the items themselves, but making them more effective in comparison to the DK weapons.

B) An ancient flamberge hp 91 is not even as good as a dk15 sword, which hit's colossal amounts of damage, and actually has a bonus hit probability on it. To me, that seems wrong.

C) This might also fall under the category of adding more DK items, but, I don't want to see that. I would rather see people using pimped out items for players that are below level 180.

D) An option to fix this would be simple, make ancient items upgradeable. SURE people will complain when someone with an ancient bh +3 comes raping them up a new one, too damn bad, he has an ancient BH, he deserves to be able to do that.

E) Someone made the suggestion that making safe upgrades (too +3) would help, and I agree, but only make it on statted items, I don't want to see +3 Ice elementals, GBH, etc floating around the server.... maybe I do... but w/e.

11) Being able to trade rep+/- across different HG Servers.

A) Being in a guild enables you to talk to everyone in the guild from anywhere in the game, but you can only rep+/- people on the same HGserver, that is just retarded.

11) Adding more items to the manufacturing list.

A) I'm not saying like add a flame+5 or some bullshit like that, I mean items that pre-exist and having them would 1: stimulate the economy 2: add more value to someone who spent the time getting their manufacturing skill high enough.

A1) Wizard hats/Caps- these items already exist, and adding them into the manufacturing list wouldn't be out of the question (sure technically a "tanner" would be the one to make items like this) but why not add these since I highly doubt they're going to add a tanner skill at any point in time.

A2) Leather armor - Yes, another tanner skill, but it's still an armor, that for some reason, has never been in the manufacturing list (probably just to keep the game logic sound, but piss off?)

12) Displaying the properties and/or bonuses that come from over manufactured items

A) This don't necessarily need to be displayed client side, but having a table that shows what the actual completion % does would be a healthy bit of information to people to know.

13) Increasing the MINIMUM mana regeneration.

A) Now hear me out on this one, I know with this one, we're messing with the game mechanics themselves, and myself among a large number of players would rather see mages nerfed even more then they are....

B) I propose the value of Int+Mag/4 = minimum regeneration

B1) 200 int + 200 mag/4 = 100 minimum

C) The intention behind this has nothing to do with PVP, and all to do with PVM. While leveling my mage and having 195 int/175 magic, with a 49 mp targe on and seeing my self regenerate 16 mana, I get extremely pissed off, because with Vit, the minimum regeneration you have is Vit/2 (other factors apply obviously though)

I like idea 7. A repair hammer could be related to the manufacturing skill. It probably should also increase the manufacturing skill with each usage (like a hit does with weapons). Of course, you can only repair damaged items, so repairing an undamaged item will not increase skill. This is more fun because training manufacturing will be less-lame this way. More ppl will use manufacturing then!!

The manufacturing skill could then be related to the repair in some way. Perhaps amount of skill % determines chance of repair and the amount of endurance repaired max (if you have 20% manu, you can repair up until 20% of the endurance and you have a 20% chance in succeeding in doing so).

This would need a new item, the Repair Hammer. This is easy to add. I propose 15000 Gold and available in Blacksmith.

I also like idea 13. It is definately stupid for a gret mp% mage to recover only 14 mp. Should be same as VIT indeed.

I agree with all of these except making statted items any better. DK15 Should be one of the best items in game with the exception of like zwand and devastator. And the partying with another town thing is a little silly when you are hunting abbadon or something like that you are going to have multiple fully parties anyways. THis would be a great idea if another suggestion were to be implemented, Making Party Limit size much much bigger. Also the minimum regen is genius for mp, this would be a great idea if it were difficult to obtain. Mp set 200+ and MP +3? WTF!!!!

I like idea 7. A repair hammer could be related to the manufacturing skill. It probably should also increase the manufacturing skill with each usage (like a hit does with weapons). Of course, you can only repair damaged items, so repairing an undamaged item will not increase skill. This is more fun because training manufacturing will be less-lame this way. More ppl will use manufacturing then!!

The manufacturing skill could then be related to the repair in some way. Perhaps amount of skill % determines chance of repair and the amount of endurance repaired max (if you have 20% manu, you can repair up until 20% of the endurance and you have a 20% chance in succeeding in doing so).

This would need a new item, the Repair Hammer. This is easy to add. I propose 15000 Gold and available in Blacksmith.

I also like idea 13. It is definately stupid for a gret mp% mage to recover only 14 mp. Should be same as VIT indeed.

Hmm, I see where you went with the repair one, however the only issue with that is that it limits the practicality of it (unless the repair hammer is something like the manufacturing hammer[even though it's an anvil lol] and it can't break) if that is the case, I'm all for the idea of this, the only issue I see coming from this is that if it increases manufacturing %, then it might make manufacturing less of a masters craft, and more into a hobby.

And that last one sounds too good to be true, it almost comes off sarcastic lol.

I agree with all of these except making statted items any better. DK15 Should be one of the best items in game with the exception of like zwand and devastator. And the partying with another town thing is a little silly when you are hunting abbadon or something like that you are going to have multiple fully parties anyways. THis would be a great idea if another suggestion were to be implemented, Making Party Limit size much much bigger. Also the minimum regen is genius for mp, this would be a great idea if it were difficult to obtain. Mp set 200+ and MP +3? WTF!!!!

You bring up a good point with the dk15 being the best for xx class, as much as I'd like to agree, you have to realize that that is the only weapon of that caliber, and it only falls under the LONGSWORD skill class, and being a person who hates seeing clone after clone after clone, In my previous topic I made the suggestion of adding in more dk weapons for all of the other weapons skills, since why should people who using long swords be the only class that gets this weapon?

I like your ideas on manu.

Repair item would kick aRs

some of the others not so much.

kinda vague, but I'll take that I can get, I'd have to say the reason why I can come up with so many ideas is from how often things piss me off, and it's not the big things that get me, it's the little ones :D

13)B ) I like the idea.

But with a different formula, recovering 100 mp as minimun is too much, that give you 1 blizz AT LEAST every 22/23 seconds.

And lets be honest, we remember the MP+3 because it sux :P but usually you recover a decent amount.

How is the actual formula? close to : (a dice from 1 to 200)*(1+mp set/100) ?

7) I used to not like this idea, but on c) you made a good suggestion... since i wouldnt like to be on a mass fight using AB or a hammer to then see him on safe repairing his hole godly set.

13)B ) I like the idea.

But with a different formula, recovering 100 mp as minimun is too much, that give you 1 blizz AT LEAST every 22/23 seconds.

And lets be honest, we remember the MP+3 because it sux :P but usually you recover a decent amount.

How is the actual formula? close to : (a dice from 1 to 200)*(1+mp set/100) ?

Meh, the reason with the formula I picked is because people who have mp sets deserve to be flourishing with them, not get random good regens. The proposed one is 400 stats worth of what not, to only get 100 mp minimum regen, think about it this way, My warrior has 150 vit, and every 10 seconds he gets back at least 75 hp. Now the only way you're going to kill that warrior is with getting at least 2 hits with blizzard on him (roughly 150 dmg) and that costs you at least (89 mana with a ms28 dkand a ms18 or something) and you only regen I believe it's once every 20-30 seconds, so in that amount of time, I can regenerate 150-450 hp, and for you too actually do that amount of damage you would burn 400 mana(roughly), I'm still for nerfing mages dkset, but mana is the life blood of a mage attack, and if you are able to afford a good mp set, then I think you deserve it.

That's just how I see it, the formula is still up for negotiation obviously, because I realize that my warrior also has 50 mag, meaning his minimum regen is like 13 or something, which is pretty shitty in realization, but I have seen regens of 50, which means that the regen formula is.... really F**king weird lol.

Your repair idea is similar to my idea in the archive section here:

http://helbreathnemesis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18722

It's a good idea, and also this is a shameless plug on my idea of upping the value of unstackable alchemy parts.

An idea for the manufacturing expansion would be a gis+3, baxe+3, and waraxe+3 at 100% manufacturing skill. I think that they should NOT have the manufacturing upgrading bonus. (so basically they'd be a +3 version of the blacksmith weapon).

So agree on repairing and manufacturing expansion.

Your repair idea is similar to my idea in the archive section here:

http://helbreathnemesis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18722

It's a good idea, and also this is a shameless plug on my idea of upping the value of unstackable alchemy parts.

An idea for the manufacturing expansion would be a gis+3, baxe+3, and waraxe+3 at 100% manufacturing skill. I think that they should NOT have the manufacturing upgrading bonus. (so basically they'd be a +3 version of the blacksmith weapon).

So agree on repairing and manufacturing expansion.

As I'd agree to the +3 weapons, I still think that it would be better, or preferred if the bonuses still apply (completion %) but instead of +3, +1 or +2. I'd still like to see the formulas for everything on the manufacturing coding because I'm still not 100% what the completion % does to weapons and armor, I'm just aware of the aesthetics such as the weapons gain hit prob, and armor gain durability, but I'm not sure how much they gain from it.

Items that are manufactured have a higher success rate on being upgraded and can be upgraded to a maximum of +10. Normal items have a maximum upgrade level of +7 and a lower chance of success. The Completion % is an endurance bonus. So if you have a 200% completion BBH, you'll have a BBH that has 100% more endurance than a normal BBH from the blacksmith. Blacksmith items are considered "100% completion."

As far as I know, manufactured items do not have added hitting probability. It's just an endurance bonus.

The higher chance for success might be a rumor, but Jaapy can correct me if he wants to.

Items that are manufactured have a higher success rate on being upgraded and can be upgraded to a maximum of +10. Normal items have a maximum upgrade level of +7 and a lower chance of success. The Completion % is an endurance bonus. So if you have a 200% completion BBH, you'll have a BBH that has 100% more endurance than a normal BBH from the blacksmith. Blacksmith items are considered "100% completion."

As far as I know, manufactured items do not have added hitting probability. It's just an endurance bonus.

The higher chance for success might be a rumor, but Jaapy can correct me if he wants to.

On my old server files, manufactured weapons had an increased hit probability (why would some one pay out of the *censored* for a 200% bbh? People literally pay mp sets for something like that) if this isn't the case, then manufactured weapons (minus the fact you can increase them better with xelima stones) would be relatively useless imo.

Yes manufacturing is relatively useless. That's why this repair hammer is a good idea to add to the manufacturing skill. This gives you incentive to actually train the skill, as practically no one does right now. Manufacturing is too hard to train and you get almost nothing in return.

Yes manufacturing is relatively useless. That's why this repair hammer is a good idea to add to the manufacturing skill. This gives you incentive to actually train the skill, as practically no one does right now. Manufacturing is too hard to train and you get almost nothing in return.

does that mean you're actually going to add it ?

If you are, I'm going to have to lower a skill % lol,

100% shield

100% mr

100% pr

100% ls

100% axe

100% magic

100% archery.... crap... I already have 700% skills :(

Oh Btw, I may or may not be able to get on this weekend, my monitor died, so I stole my brothers other monitor and its max resolution and color schemes are something horrid. lol.

100% shield

100% mr

100% pr

100% ls

100% axe

100% magic

Oh Btw, I may or may not be able to get on this weekend, my monitor died, so I stole my brothers other monitor and its max resolution and color schemes are something horrid. lol.

useless

Yea I want to add it, so I'll push for it in staff room :P

Yea I want to add it, so I'll push for it in staff room :P

Ahh, ok, neat. So wait, have you decided to make it individual items, or maybe, base it off of the manufacturing hammer (an extra option on it maybe?) if you do it with a permanant item like the anvil or a repair hammer that doesn't degrade, this will defiantly make manufacturing more abundant (or at least the skill% lol) and I won't need to be carring around 6 axes with me while leveling up (how ever, like most things in servers, [actually mine was an exception, we just added shit on a whim] this kinda thing is going to be added by time my warrior is already level 180 lol.)

100% shield

100% mr

100% pr

100% ls

100% axe

100% magic

useless

and you sir, are an ignorant fool to even think something like that. Guess he doesn't get my character builds to understand it enough, oh well.

Ok, Since I've been hearing a lot of hubris about improving the low level game, which I'd love to see, let me tell you why this is impossible. This game, was originally built around a level 120 system, and the levels were actually meaningful, at level 79 you were a ND raider, and you actually had a respectable part in the game, fending towns from invading your own. This part has long since been removed since the era of moving ND to the farm entrance (where if you get all the way through you could raid in town, vs being recalled instantly....) Since this game was originally built as a 120-200 system, you can see how there was no such thing as a GOD character, I've made it very apparent in designing god characters, and it's really easy to pull off.

When they increased the level limit to 180, they negelected to realize "HEY GUYZ THE MAX STAT IS STILL 200, WE'RE RUINING THE BALANCE WE ONCE HAD LOL" like the dumb*censored*s that they are. When you increase things, you need to scale them, not change proportions. Let me give you an example, say you take an rectangle, and it's 3x4 inches (height x widht) and then all of a sudden, you take the height, and increase is by 33%, you now have a 4x4 rectangle, which is now technically a square, thus completely butt *censored*edthe entire point of having a rectangle, making it completely pointless and boring, but if siemtech wasn't retarded and made everything they would have scaled everything to this ratio.

Another issue that increasing this level caused, is it makes every item in the blacksmith that was added before this update, COMPLETELY USELESS. That's right ladies and gents, completely useless. How often do you see a warrior going around in a chain mail and a Ancient Esterk, OH WAIT, YOU DON'T! that's because it's a completely *censored*ing useless item.

This game was ruined balance wise, the second the put in the dk set, increased the level to 180. The BBH and Blizzard are perfectly balanced spells/weapons in the game, but having the extra 180 stats to *censored* around with, you have now ruined all hopes of balance, if you want a warrior that can use the massive damage, and stripping of the BBH you're going to have to learn to not dive head first into a pile of people, or your face is going to get raped. If you want the damage and cold from blizzard, you're going to have to pay for it.

The way balance works, is it's a GIVE AND TAKE RELATIONSHIP. You can't just give tons and tons of damage to someone and not stunt them in anyway, that's called hand-outs, not balance. If you want to make this game balanced, put the level back to 120, and watch the true players stand out.

You have a valid point, and I think many players know this as well. I'd change it instantly if it would be possible. The thing is, no one wants that. Imagine us dropping the max level to 120. What do you think will happen to Nemesis? I think 90% of the players will leave and we would have killed ourselves. I suspect it to be suicide for Nemesis.

Maybe it's an option for a WS2 server added to Nemesis? We could consider doing that... real oldoldoldschool Helbreath on WS2 with as much balancing attempts as possible.

You have a valid point, and I think many players know this as well. I'd change it instantly if it would be possible. The thing is, no one wants that. Imagine us dropping the max level to 120. What do you think will happen to Nemesis? I think 90% of the players will leave and we would have killed ourselves. I suspect it to be suicide for Nemesis.

Maybe it's an option for a WS2 server added to Nemesis? We could consider doing that... real oldoldoldschool Helbreath on WS2 with as much balancing attempts as possible.

God I love you... Lol, but Yeah I know what you mean by that, on my old server we ran into the same problem with characters having too many stats to mess around with, so inevitably the server started to loose it's steam, since once you get so good, you get bored, if you have no chance of losing, there isn't really a point in fighting.

13) Improving manufacturing items

A) Alrighty, everyone knows that when you manage to get your manufacturing skill up to 100% you are probably kicking yourself in the nuts because you realize how much time you have been wasting on such a pointless skill (seriously, as of now, manufactured items are nothing more then more durability) and while that my be a reward of it's own, I think it should be worth more than that.

B) I propose a completion % worth system.

B1) For all manufactured armors, every 10% over 100% completion not only adds the orginal increased durability, but it ALSO adds an extra +1 defense. for a maximum of 10 extra armor

B2) For all manufactured weapons, every 10% over 100% completion not only adds the increased durability, but also adds +7% hit probability. for a maximum of 70% hit probability

C) People may think these may be unfair, but do you people real realize how much effort goes into making an item with 200% completion, it takes WEEKS to get something that good.

hunting from both towns why do that??.

I wont ever let aresdens hunt with elvines or the other way round........ End of ^^ some nice ideas there but if you could repair away from bs theres no reason to ever use it more than once. Hard to say what im thinking but eh leave it as it is.

hunting from both towns why do that??.

I wont ever let aresdens hunt with elvines or the other way round........ End of ^^ some nice ideas there but if you could repair away from bs theres no reason to ever use it more than once. Hard to say what im thinking but eh leave it as it is.

ok, let me show you what I mean, once you hit level 180, how often do you actually go to the bs in the first place?.... uhh never? everything you use has 30000 durability. And if you do go there it's because you need to repair something that you bought from there, like a bow (like i said earlier) so if you go on a long hunt you wont need to carry 4 or 5 bows with you, just repair item + weapon and you're set.