Sign in to follow this  
TheGambler

Vista/win7 Angel/fps Fix

NOTE: This is for NVIDIA cards at the moment. I'm sure it works with ATI cards too, I'm not familiar with ATI Catalyst though, but that's what you should use to apply the settings. I'll update it when I can for ATI, if there's any major difference (which there shouldn't be)

Steps: (with pictures, with some overlap, I apologize)

1. Make sure your video card is enabled, so that the NVIDIA Control Panel appears in the Control Panel.

2. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel, go to 3D settings -> Adjust image settings with preview, and select "Use the advanced 3d settings"

IPB Image

3. Go to 3D settings -> Manage 3d settings, and first go to the global settings, and set the options as follows. (NOTE: you might not need to change these, it worked for me straight up, but I'm going to post it anyway)

IPB Image

IPB Image

4. In 3d settings -> Manage 3d settings, now go to program settings. HB will not be listed, so you will have to add it manually by clicking the Add tab and finding the Helgame.exe file. From there, set the options as follows.

IPB Image

IPB Image

5. I don't think these matter, but my PhysX is on, and my stereoscopic 3d is off.

6. ...

7. Profit!

I don't know if this works for everyone, but I have tried this on computers with Vista and Win 7, and can confirm it works. On the PC with vista, I was able to get 500-600 FPS easy. On my own home PC with Win7, I can get 900-1000+ FPS (very high end pc). This is the best way to handle the fix, IMO. (EDIT: I say this because it's been said that leaving your card disabled will cause damage to it, and I have had to replace a fairly new (3-4 months owned tops) video card since it died. I don't know if disabling it was the ultimate cause, but it's a possibility.)

As for people with ATI/Radeon cards, you have to use ATI Catalyst to change the settings. The layout might be different, but I think the settings should be fairly similar if not almost identical. I'll look into it though.

Thanks to Seg for showing me this originally :D

Edited by TheGambler

Tried the 1st bit of your suggestion Gambler, still can't get it to work. Even more worrying is the fact that I cant see the Helgame application in order to customize the 3D settings for the 2nd bit :(

Tried the 1st bit of your suggestion Gambler, still can't get it to work. Even more worrying is the fact that I cant see the Helgame application in order to customize the 3D settings for the 2nd bit :(

you have to add it yourself, since HB doesn't require an installer

in program settings (where you're supposed to modify the 3d settings)/, click the Add tab and just go to the HB folder and select Helgame.exe

hb legion fixed the fps issue with the angels

good, we can fix too cuz I know how, i'm a coder, we'll fix.

Capping the FPS in first place makes a solution for all high-fps and low fps people, regardless of angels.

we will not add a fps limit if we know will *censored* us.

But that doesnt mean we are not going to make the test!

A lot of coders tryed it but none of them is as good as joris!