Sign in to follow this  
foefoe

Server Delay

My suggestion is to find out why nemesis international is sooooooooooooooooooo laggy and has such horrrrible delay. Many things are being worked on to improve the server and being executed very nicely. I just dont get it. With such a talented staff, why is it that the server still runs so slow? The delay is undeniable and in my opinion unacceptable I would love to play nemesis but the choppy play and constant dcs+bumps are very frustrating. I just cant get my head around why its so delayed. I'm very close to the server and still mass delay and bumps/dc, its obviously something wrong in the code/files/host, I think its something that should be looked into. Fixing this horrible delay I think would boost the population without a doubt. Nemesis has the best policy/rules/staff/drop rate/pvp/updates/apocalypse/longevity/spells/weapons and just about everything you can think of except the delay is absolutely horid. I have absolutely no knowledge of coding/hosting or any of that stuff, however i know from experience on other games/helbreath servers that its possible to have the server run WAY more smooth than it does now, even for people across the world from the host location. This is not a troll post, i sincerely would like to suggest something being lookin into about this problem rather than the mass updates that are being planned/worked on. I feel it would benefit the server far more than continuing to update a server that runs so poorly.

Edited by foefoe

My suggestion is to find out why nemesis international is sooooooooooooooooooo laggy and has such horrrrible delay. Many things are being worked on to improve the server and being executed very nicely. I just dont get it. With such a talented staff, why is it that the server still runs so slow? The delay is undeniable and in my opinion unacceptable I would love to play nemesis but the choppy play and constant dcs+bumps are very frustrating. I just cant get my head around why its so delayed. I'm very close to the server and still mass delay and bumps/dc, its obviously something wrong in the code/files/host, I think its something that should be looked into. Fixing this horrible delay I think would boost the population without a doubt. Nemesis has the best policy/rules/staff/drop rate/pvp/updates/apocalypse/longevity/spells/weapons and just about everything you can think of except the delay is absolutely horid. I have absolutely no knowledge of coding/hosting or any of that stuff, however i know from experience on other games/helbreath servers that its possible to have the server run WAY more smooth than it does now, even for people across the world from the host location. This is not a troll post, i sincerely would like to suggest something being lookin into about this problem rather than the mass updates that are being planned/worked on. I feel it would benefit the server far more than continuing to update a server that runs so poorly.

i agree with this post

even tho im from australia and my pings horrible ive played other servers in the past and found there delay isnt as bad as nemesis int..i belive if u guys can fix the delay u will improve the server by alot

i agree with this post

even tho im from australia and my pings horrible ive played other servers in the past and found there delay isnt as bad as nemesis int..i belive if u guys can fix the delay u will improve the server by alot

where is aus? iam on gold coast and i had terrible connection untill about a month ago when computer crash. now after comptuer fixed and added 2gb ram to computer now have best connection i have ever had with almost zero dc, and lag come 1 maybe 2 times a hour. (fyi. iam with optus, netgear etc.) i dont know why less problems with connection ping is still the same at 242ms ( well now is 243 lol ). i think my soloution to connection/server delay was my ram upgrade. i know alot of people have good connections too who are far from server and people who have bad lag who are close to server. and from asking a cupple of nerds i know about computer stuff, they were saying that in online gaming the major problem they come in to contact with is that 70% of the lag people talk of comes from having a computer that dosnt run well. ( i.e great processor but low ram and low grade hardware but good programs etc. ). these "nerds" i know work in a computer store that makes, builds, troulble shoots and all that stuff they really know what they are talking about 1 of them used to play this server back in the old days and made his own hb with another player from this server just to play wiith when he was 15. he is good,

na but serriously you nerds , you guys , you guys are allright , you know what i mean :)

lugiore

Cant play sades on laptop or even have it run nicely with new comp i have no issues at the moment! Besides im dutch and therefore farrrrrrr away from server! Indeed upgrade ur comp even tough hb is such an old game:)

Or just look for adjustments that make it run faster

derkse we dont mean fps, we mean delay, which is the time for example it takes between u click to cast a spell and when i actually shoots, u could have 30 fps or 600 fps and the delay would be the same

Cant play sades on laptop or even have it run nicely with new comp i have no issues at the moment! Besides im dutch and therefore farrrrrrr away from server! Indeed upgrade ur comp even tough hb is such an old game:)

Or just look for adjustments that make it run faster

I'm u neighbour. same stuff dc all the time. In "big fights" ( 5+ ppl -.- ) i dc every 1-2 min.

i pinged some servers months ago. I noticed that nemesis has higher/lower ( don t remember which one it was ) TTL then most of servers.

Being noob with computers i have no clue what TTL is :P What is TTL? and could it affect delay on server?

I dont think it will be hard to find support for this idea, The hard part is getting something done about it. Anyone who knows or can help with ideas/tactics please help the staff out. The lag is unplayable imo. Can't waste time bumping every 5 seconds, just got better things to do.

Guys, I've deleted the posts where white explains you the way he will fix the lag issue and how he will improve the network.

Because someone can read his posts and try to the same on other server and as you know this is a 100% nemesis (white) work.

-----------

Muchachos, borr? todos los topics donde white explicaba como iba a solucionar el problema de lag y todas las respuestas en donde ustedes lo citan por el hecho de evitar que alguien que entre al foro robe la idea de white y es algo que queremos reservarlo exclusivamente para nemesis.

Gracias.

Guys, I've deleted the posts where white explains you the way he will fix the lag issue and how he will improve the network.

Because someone can read his posts and try to the same on other server and as you know this is a 100% nemesis (white) work.

-----------

Muchachos, borr? todos los topics donde white explicaba como iba a solucionar el problema de lag y todas las respuestas en donde ustedes lo citan por el hecho de evitar que alguien que entre al foro robe la idea de white y es algo que queremos reservarlo exclusivamente para nemesis.

Gracias.

since whites posts are gone can we get an update weather neme is working on this

as i belive this is a good idea and should be looked into

-----------

Gracias.

since whites posts are gone can we get an update weather neme is working on this

as i belive this is a good idea and should be looked into

There has been looked into it, and first test results indicate more lagg for some unknown reason.

Due to unstable gameservers in our test server, we've shelved this idea for now untill the gameservers are stable.

We want to stablize our gameservers so they're ready to release aproximatly 5 big new features ranging from a guild system, to new skill and new spell and new beckground techniques in map-processing that opens up a wide possibility for future updates.

+1

I dont know if this has to do with delay but when i cast a spell there is a delay of about 2 seconds from the point I click to the point the spell actually lands. This is horrible. I can forget about pvping anyone, i get parad everytime i cast, even if i started the cast before my opponent. I dont have much lagg/network traffic interuptions tho. My main problem is the delay on my casts and ppl outrunning me when they are frozen -.-

/Zoul

about delay u cant do much xcept moving to USA or just realize that pvp is stupid in a delayed server (its just items vs items)

about ppl outrunning u while being frozen that doesnt have to do with delay, more like em speeding or u being low fps

about delay u cant do much xcept moving to USA or just realize that pvp is stupid in a delayed server (its just items vs items)

about ppl outrunning u while being frozen that doesnt have to do with delay, more like em speeding or u being low fps

Lol what a nub ;D Have you not read the posts? Ppl (including me) have EXPERIENCED servers that run ALOT more smooth for ALL the players that are on.

In nemesis I log in for 10 mins and log out again cus I just died to a bump DC fighting 5+ elvo NUBSHITS that would never have killed me on a smooth server.

nem ran pretty smooth in the past but since the last few updates it has gotten laggy for me too.

primal i hope you stay and play a different char :( we need good players

Lol what a nub ;D Have you not read the posts? Ppl (including me) have EXPERIENCED servers that run ALOT more smooth for ALL the players that are on.

In nemesis I log in for 10 mins and log out again cus I just died to a bump DC fighting 5+ elvo NUBSHITS that would never have killed me on a smooth server.

Medic down, ty ek :wub:

Its true, I played a little bit another server in which I didn't ever had a bump/dc, and it was also hosted at USA I think. I also had a big reduction of ping (something like 250ms in Nemesis Vs. 150 ping in this server). I have no idea what is it that produces lag/delay, but from experience I see it can be reduced.